Fwd: Art ala Houston

Frances Morey francesmorey@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:44:17 +0000

Dear Dave,
Thank you for the pictorial of the Red River Easter Romp. Who was the woman
with Alexander's first-born? She looked vaguely familiar.
Well, I have become enamored with the art car movement--see forward from
last weekend's First in Austin. So when Artie came up to greet me on Sunday
all I could think to say was to suggest that RRM sponsor an art car. He
grandly gestured to the centerpiece in the yard. I had to protest that an
art car had to be mobile. Then I had a brief conversation with JFKLN and he
mentioned that he was going to be here until June. So the white-walled
wheels in the brain began turning, slowly turning. Ah yes, art needs a
canvas, Dave has a collection of Caddy's that run. Might there be one that
needs a paint job by Jim? Would RRM pay him to paint, as he paid them for
myriad auto repair needs over the years? Or would he paint as payback for
perhaps freebie auto attention he enjoyed in the past? Whatever works. These
are the questions that spin around in my head. If all this comes to pass I
reserve the right to ride in the Houston Art Car Parade in the Fall, with
Dave, Artie, that lovely lady I saw you with last Saturday at Central
Market, enjoying the Dylan knock-off band, and, of course, with Gentleman
Jim riding high on the back seat of honor, waving grandly to the specators,
like the Pope. I can just see it now.
Loving life in Austin,
Frances

Dear Dian,
I still can't find JFKLN's e-address, so would you please forward this to
him for me. We, you and Houston, too, could have so much fun DO-ing Houston.